Special Operations Capability Specialists (SOCS) provide combat support expertise in intelligence, fire support, communications, and canine operations. SOCS are assigned to billets at the team, company, and battalion levels.
making a specialist
Eligibility & Requirements
0621, 0627, 0629, 0631, 0639, 0671, 0679, 2831, 2841, 2847, 2862
Must currently hold an eligible MOS
Medically able to deploy
No NJP/Page 11 in the last 12 months
Secret Clearance Eligible
SOCS-C training pipeline
Pipeline complete SOCS-Cs are multi-discipline SOF communicators capable of planning, installing, operating, and maintaining all SOF variant communication equipment in the inventory encompassing data, networking radio, SATCOM, and maintenance skillsets.
24-Month C4 Support Team (C4ST) Operations Cycle
01. Individual Training (6 Months)
Individual skills | USMC/SOF PME | C4ST minimum skill requirements
02. Team Training (6 Months)
MSOT SOP development/refinement | MSOT cohesion/team building
Full spectrum MSOT planned and executed training events.
03. Unit Training (6 Months)
Mission Specific training events focused on deployment requirements
MSOT support (C4ST) personnel transition from the Marine Raider Support Battalion (MRSB) and attach to the supported Marine Special Operations Company/Team (MSOC/MSOT)
04. Deployment (6 Months)
Deployment based on the operational requirements of USSOCOM
Specific to each Raider Battalion’s Area of responsibility
SOCS-C 5 Year Roadmap
- SOF Fundamentals Course (3 Weeks)
- SERE (2 Weeks)
- MNOC (4 Months)
- Assigned to a Marine Raider Support Battalion and complete 2 deployment cycles as a 6 to 10 person C4ST that attaches to an MSOC.
- Leverage your training and experience to assist deploying/deployed SOCS-Cs as a TSOC liaison.
- Return to MRTC as an experience SOCS-C to instruct the next generation of MARSOC Communicators.
- Prepare for transition back to the USMC or other SOF opportunities by attending MOS course/PME.
- Opportunity to return after tour away.
- Returners do not have to attend pipeline.